Council is scheduled to meet on October 15, 2019 in the Douro Dummer Council Chambers starting at 5:00 p.m. The full agenda is available online, here are a few highlights of what to expect.
- Update on Social Services Activities from the City of Peterborough – The City is contracted to administer social service programs on behalf of residents in the City and County. City staff will be providing an update on those activities
- Review of the Coordinated Access System – Also City of Peterborough initiative, we will be hearing about what they are doing to tackle homelessness in the area.
- Report on the Proposed Provincial Policy Statement – This report is to update Council on the work of the Ontario Government to change how we grow. The Proposed Policy Statement looks at agricultural lands, respecting Indigenous rights, sensitive wetlands, reducing barriers to growth and development and other factors. Staff have reviewed the progress of this statement and have prepared a report on the impacts to our community.
- Renewal of an agreement with the Peterborough Humane Society for animal control in Douro Dummer
- Staff recommendation to repair the roads that received poor gravel in 2017/2018
- Councillor Landsmann is bringing a report forward on fishing at municipal wharves
- Report on the working group that is looking to increase safety on Birchview Road – This is a file that I’ve been working alongside Birchview Road residents. The working group is now putting a request forward to proceed with a feasibility study and have identified the scope for what that study should include.