Douro Dummer Council meets once again on Tuesday, April 6, 2021. Once again, due to COVID-19 the meeting will be held via Zoom and live streamed on the Township’s YouTube Channel. If you can’t watch it live at 5:00 p.m. the recordings are also available on YouTube. Anecdotally, since we began live streaming our meetings it seems that more residents have been able to stay up to date on happenings within the Township. Although I prefer in-person meetings, the engagement and accessibility of online meetings has been positive. Of course, online streaming of Council meetings is something I have been pushing for and I’m confident that when we resume our meetings in the Chambers, there will be a live streaming option.
The agenda for the meeting is available on the Township website here. Some of the highlights however
- Special Presentation – Harold Nelson Retirement. Although Mr. Nelson retired from his position as Manager of Public Works, we were unable to hold a recognition event. At the time, we were hopeful that we would be able to gather before now but it’s not been a year since he retired and we’ve not yet formally recognized his service.
- Procedural By-Law Review – One of the recommendations from the Service Delivery Review was that we review and update our procedural by-law. Staff are requesting that a committee begin working on it.
- Former Warsaw Church Property – Council is being asked to approve a draft letter to send to the new owners of the Warsaw Church regarding a decision that was made in March to not proceed with lease discussions
- Provincial Fire Safety Grant – The Township will be receiving $6,200 from the Province for fire training and prevention programs
- 2021 Budget Final Approval – After a series of meetings in March, Council will approve the 2021 budget.
There are also a number of correspondence items on the agenda.
I encourage you to watch and follow along. If you have any questions you can always contact me.